To learn more about this collection please see the finding aid link found above, and/or visit the College and Lutheran Church Archives to use these primary sources.
Gustavus Women’s Club. Collection, 1926-1986. GACA Collection 22. 1 Records Center Carton.
The Gustavus Women’s Club collection consists of organizational records documenting the group’s activities from its founding in 1926 through 1986. Materials include minutes, financial documents, yearbooks, histories, event calendars and flyers, and information about programs sponsored by the women. Members organized in 1926 and named their group The Dames Club of Gustavus. It served literary and social purposes and gave “the . . . faculty and . . . wives of the faculty members an opportunity to become acquainted [and] to promote activities for the benefit of the institution.” The organization’s name was later changed to the Faculty Women’s Club and finally to the Gustavus Women’s Club. It is unclear when the group became inactive.
The Gustavus Women’s Club collection documents the organization’s activities from 1926 through 1986. Materials are organized into five categories: Administration (1947-86), Charities and Scholarships (1949-85), Events (1957-86), Financial (1926-86), and Minutes (1926-60).