U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey Markers, 1950. CAMC Collection 161. 1 box.
The U.S. Coast & Geodetic Survey Markers collection contains two steel markers that were previously installed in the north steps of the west wing of Anderson Hall. Curtis Thorson (Class of 1937) who worked for the US Geological Survey and Dr. Milward Rodine, a Gustavus physics professor, placed the markers in 1950. One marker is stamped with G.A.C.; 195.82; 0+0.00/M+0.00; 907.68; and U.S.G.S. The other marker is labeled as U.S. Coast & Geodetic Survey Gravity Station and stamped with St. Peter; 205.94; and 1950. This marker is officially called a Gravity Station Reference Marker.