Alpha Kappa Psi Fraternity. Collection of Alpha Kappa Psi, Epsilon Xi Chapter, 1959-1999. GACA Collection 24. 1 Hollinger box and 1 flax box.
The Collection of Alpha Kappa Psi Fraternity, Epsilon Xi Chapter contains member information, scrapbooks, and photographs. In addition there are financial statements, newsletters, information pertaining to the national convention, and a ritual handbook. There is also a certificate conferring honorary membership of Edgar M. Carlson, President of Gustavus Adolphus College. The Alpha Kappa Psi was a Gustavus business fraternity that was founded in the 1950s and lasted through the 1990s. This collection is organized alphabetically.
Alpha Kappa Psi was a co-ed, professional business fraternity. Its mission was to provide members with the resources to become successful in the business world. Gustavus Adolphus College’s Epsilon Xi Chapter was founded in the 1950s and ended in the late 1990s. Their four pillars were service, professional learning, social, and brotherhood. Alpha Kappa Psi consisted of six committees: community service, social, professional learning, campus business, fund raising, and promotions and awards. They rushed each semester and actively attended National Conventions. They also volunteered within the St. Peter community and organized the reopening of the Dive in the 1990s.