Gustavus Adolphus College Missionary Society and Missionsföreningen. Collection, 1891-1946. GACA Collection 46. 1 ½ Hollinger boxes.
The Gustavus Adolphus College Missionary Society and Missionsföreningen collection consists of minutes, financial records, membership lists, constitutions, and program materials for these organizations. The Missionary Society’s membership consisted of students, faculty, and members of the public. The organization collected funds to purchase missionary literature and help fund missions. Furloughed missionaries often attended the group’s gatherings. Meetings were held in local English and Swedish Lutheran Churches. Materials for this organization are in English. The constitution for Missionsföreningen is in Swedish.