Alpha Phi Omega. Collection of Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity, 1948-2013. GACA Collection 113. 1 Hollinger box, 4 flat boxes, 1 telescoping box, and 1 oversize folder.
The Alpha Phi Omega collection consists of bylaws, programs, certificates, service reports, meeting minutes, a banner, a jacket, and scrapbooks of the service fraternity from 1948 to the present. Alpha Phi Omega’s goal is to provide service to the campus community, local community, and the world at large.
The Gustavus Adolphus College Zeta Epsilon Chapter of Alpha Phi Omega began during fall 1948. It was originally for former Boy Scouts who wanted to apply the lessons they had learned in scouting to the world at large. It allowed women as auxiliary members in 1974, and as full members in 1976. Today, the purpose of Alpha Phi Omega is to develop leadership skills, promote friendships, and provide service to fraternity, school, community, and nation. The Zeta Epsilon chapter disbanded after the 2012-13 academic year due to a lack of members.