Alpha Phi Rho. Collection of Alpha Phi Rho Sorority, 1915-1995. GACA Collection 152. 1 Records Center Carton, 2 Hollinger boxes, and 5 flat boxes.
The Alpha Phi Rho Sorority collection contains flyers, programs, invitations, memorabilia, scrapbooks, photographs, financial information, and more from the sorority. Alpha Phi Rho, also known as “Fleas” existed from 1915-1995, consisting of female students of Gustavus Adolphus College.
Originally named Alpha Phi, it began in the fall of 1915 for the purpose of giving its members an opportunity to better themselves in the art of public speaking, debating and parliamentary practice. It became Alpha Phi Rho during autumn 1949. Later constitutions state its purpose as to provide an opportunity of gathering together for true fellowship and the advancement of social and educational endeavors. The sorority became inactive in 1995.
*Information taken from collection.
Collection is divided into six sections: administrative, financial, events, flyers, and photographs/scrapbooks. Each section is further organized alphabetically and then chronologically.