To learn more about this collection please see the finding aid link found above, and/or visit the College and Lutheran Church Archives to use these primary sources.
Office of Institutional Advancement, Alumni Relations. Gustavus Alumni Association, 1890-Ongoing. GACA Collection 343. 1 ½ Hollinger boxes and digital media.
The Gustavus Alumni Association collection contains meeting minutes, programs, donation statistics, letters, mailings, and newsletters. The Association seeks “to facilitate among former students lifelong relationships with Gustavus and with each other that will enable alumni to actively advance and participate in the mission of the College.” The Association has multiple volunteer groups and presents distinguished alumni with awards.
The Alumni Association of Gustavus Adolphus College was organized in 1890. In 1944, with strong alumni support, the Alumni Association as reorganized into the Greater Gustavus Association. The name changed back to the Gustavus Alumni Association in the mid-1970s. The Association manages five main volunteer groups, the Alumni Board of Directors, chapter officers, class officers, reunion committees, and the Gustavus Recruitment Network. The Alumni Association also honors members of the Gustavus family through three different awards, the First Decade Award, the Distinguished Alumni Citation, and the Greater Gustavus Award.