Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Program to Strengthen the Humanities. Collection of the Program to Strengthen the Humanities, 1973-81. GACA Collection 359. 1 Records Center Carton.
The Gustavus Adolphus College Program to Strengthen the Humanities collection contains grant development documents, faculty information, course cluster descriptions, correspondence, meeting minutes, surveys and evaluations, community relations materials, and additional miscellaneous papers. The Program to Strengthen the Humanities worked in partnership with the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) to develop curriculum in an effort to provide integrative academic course clusters centered in the humanities disciplines, public humanities seminars, and relationships with area schools and educational programs.
Scope and Content
This collection is divided into six series: Administration and Development, Faculty Involvement, Correspondence and Meeting Minutes, Surveys, Data, and Evaluations, Course Clusters, and Public Relations.
- Administration and Development, 1973-79 contains proposals and grant development in relationship with the National Endowment for the Humanities in addition to other administrative materials.
- Faculty Involvement, 1975-80 includes requests and reviews for faculty leaves and documents reflecting the role of the faculty in the program.
- Correspondence and Meeting Minutes, 1976-81 holds committee correspondence and communication with the National Endowment for the Humanities organization as well as meeting minutes.
- Surveys, Data, and Evaluations, 1974-81 encompasses a range of data collection and evaluation from faculty and external consultation. Also included are materials from the Summer Institutes focused around improvement of the Humanities programs.
- Course Clusters, 1976-81 includes materials depicting protocol for the general development of Course Clusters and information about specific Cluster programs.
- Public Relations, 1976-81 contains information about a series of Humanities Seminars open to the public, outreach and relationships with local schools and educational programs, and additional forms of community outreach.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License