Campus Committees at Gustavus Adolphus College, 1980-Ongoing. GACA Collection 376. 1 Hollinger box.
The Campus Committees at Gustavus Adolphus College contains mostly meeting minutes and reports from various campus committees. These committees include Gustavus administrators, faculty, and community members. Committees made up of only faculty members can be found in another collection. When additional documentation becomes available it will be included in this collection. Materials are organized alphabetically by committee. When possible, a description of the functions of the committee is provided.
This collection is divided into sections for each committee and arranged alphabetically. Each section contains committee meeting minutes and some additional documentation.
Academic Administrative Council, 1980-1996
Materials reflect broad involvement with issues relating to the campus, such as financial aid, staffing needs, campus housing, study abroad programs, parking, and academic programming.
College Accreditation Committee, 2014-Ongoing
1. The Gustavus Adolphus College Accreditation Committee will be convened by the President, with the Provost acting as its presider.
2. The Committee members are expected to become familiar with the processes and criteria for accreditation, and will work to ensure continued Higher Learning Commission accreditation.
3. The Committee will guide the accreditation progress and process for the entire college, including:
a. Development of timelines, policies, and procedures for accreditation within the guidelines provided by the HLC.
b. Coordinating training for faculty, staff, and administration with regard to accreditation criteria, policies, and procedures.
c. Engaging the college community in ongoing dialogue with regard to HLC accreditation.
d. Recommending faculty, staff, students, or others to the President for subcommittees as needed in the accreditation process.
e. Providing editorial input on assurance reports and other special monitoring or progress reports required by the HLC.
4. The Committee will report on HLC accreditation progress and processes to the College constituencies as necessary.
Domestic Partnership Task Force, 1996-1999
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), 1992-2014
Every institution that uses animals for federally funded laboratory research must have an Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). Each local IACUC reviews research protocols and conducts evaluations of the institution's animal care and use, which includes the results of inspections of facilities that are required by law.
-Wikipedia, 22 January 2015 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institutional_Animal_Care_and_Use_Committee)
Institutional Student Learning Outcome (ISLO) Assessment Committee, 2014-Ongoing
• Develop an institutional assessment plan and schedule that yields longitudinal outcomes data used to evaluate all-college program effectiveness and achievement of the College’s institutional student learning outcomes.
• Identify, implement, or develop means of analyzing data.
• Work with the Institutional Research Director on communicating ISLO assessment results to the College community.
• Encourage units across the institution to articulate operational goals related to the institutional student learning outcomes.
• Establish regular ISLO assessment processes, analyze and publish results, and provide those results to budgetary and programmatic decision-makers.
Strategic Planning Task Force/Committee, 2001
Charter: To develop a model and method to ensure an effective, participatory and ongoing approach to strategic planning for the college.
Strategic Planning Working Groups, 2008
Leadership Working Group, 2007-08
This working group will review the work of last year's study groups, examine existing curricular elements and co-curricular programs, and identify best practices with the purpose of creating recommendations for leadership development at Gustavus.
Learning and Living Communities Committee, 2008
Sustainability Strategic Initiative Working Group (SSIWG), 2008
The working will group will examine the College's current environmental stewardship practices and policies and recommend goals and strategies that will move this initiative forward.
Safety and Health Committee, 2007-Ongoing
The Safety and Health Committee (previously called the Environmental Health and Safety Committee) is made up of 10-12 representatives from different departments across campus. These departments represent large groups of personnel who may be exposed to above average safety risks within the work environment (e.g. Custodial, Dining Services, Biology, etc.). There are also representatives from largely populated areas (e.g. Library, Fine Arts Theater, Residential Life, etc.). This committee reviews injury/illness/incident reports as well as discusses methods/practices to implement to make campus a safer work and living environment.
Staff Personnel Committee, 1998-2019
The Staff Personnel Committee (SPC) at Gustavus Adolphus College serves as a communication link between the support staff of the College and the administration and supervisors. Specifically, the SPC exchanges information, questions, suggestions, and ideas with the appropriate administrative or supervisory person(s). The goals of the SPC are to encourage open communication and to seek a positive relationship between support staff and managerial personnel.
Student Employment Task Force, 2000-03
The state purpose of this group is to address current weaknesses in our student employment program and to look ways to enhance the program within our current budgetary constraints.
(Campus) Planning Committee, 1988-92