Pehrson, Ethel. Collection of Ethel Pehrson, 1911-1975. GACA Collection 379. 1 flat box.
The Ethel Pehrson collection contains incoming correspondence, mostly from former students as well as material concerning other family members. It also contains material submitted for her full professorship at Gustavus Adolphus College. There are also recital programs for Ethel Pehrson as well as student recital programs. There are four scrapbooks which contain mostly newspaper clippings from 1928 to 1947. There are also three manuscript scores written by former students, and three recordings of performances giving by Pehrson in 1943 and 1956.
Ethel Pehrson graduated from Gustavus in 1930 and taught piano as a member of the Gustavus Music Department from 1950-76. She was promoted to the rank of full Professor in 1974. Her mother, Ella Pehrson, graduated from Gustavus in 1895 and following her husband’s death became a member of the Gustavus faculty in 1913. Ella remained on the faculty until her retirement in 1947.
The three manuscript scores were written by W.T. Atcherson, Dan Malloy, and Victor Babin. W.T. Atcherson was a former student of Ethel Pehrson, who graduated from Gustavus in 1953 and was on the music faculty from 1958 to 1964. Dan Malloy was a pupil of W.T. Atcherson and inscribed his “Fugue of the Times” to Ethel Pehrson. Victor Babin was also probably a student of W.T. Atcherson.