To learn more about this collection please see the finding aid link found above, and/or visit the College and Lutheran Church Archives to use these primary sources.
National Lutheran Council. Division of Public Relations. News Bureau. Press Releases of the News Bureau, 1949-1962. LCA Collection 23. 3 Records Center Cartons and ½ Hollinger box.
The Press Releases collection contains news releases with information regarding church resolution, leaders, conventions, financial news, and events. The press releases were sent to religious and secular communications media, including print and radio. The National Lutheran Council (NLC) began in 1918 and served eight Lutheran churches as a cooperative organization. Those eight churches eventually merged into two churches, the American Lutheran Church in 1960 and the Lutheran Church in America in 1963. In 1967 the NLC merged with the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod and the Synod of Evangelical Lutheran Churches to form the Lutheran Council in the USA. The News Bureau which created the press releases was part of the Division of Public Relations.