The Bible Banner, 1955-1985. LCA Collection 54. 3 Hollinger boxes.
The Bible Banner was a monthly publication issued by the Lutheran Bible Institute of Minneapolis, Minnesota. It contained news and reports of Lutheran Bible Institute activities, Bible study material, and inspirational articles. While not officially produced by Augustana, the publication was largely an effort of individuals affiliated with Augustana in its early years. Fundamental Lutheran orthodoxy saturated the issues and appealed to conservative readers.