Bethphage Messenger, 1940-1987. LCA Collection 55. 2 Hollinger boxes.
Bethphage Messenger began publication in 1940, succeeding the Swedish language periodical Guldax. Originally printed in both Swedish and English, Bethphage Messenger reported activities at Bethphage Mission, a home for individuals with mental disabilities in Axtell, Nebraska. The publication switched exclusively to English in 1941. Bethphage officially became affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America in 1988. It joined with Martin Luther Homes in 2003 to form Mosaic, an organization with centers across the country.