The Deaconess Banner, 1929-1965. LCA Collection 60. ½ Hollinger box.
The Deaconess Banner was a newsletter of the Immanuel Deaconess Institute in Omaha, Nebraska. The periodical contained information and schedules of events in an effort to promote the institution’s ministry of mercy. The primary function of the center was nursing care for the aged, disabled, and incapacitated. Originally titled Diakoniss-Baneret, The Deaconess Banner became the English version of the original publication. The periodical took on the title The Immanuel Banner in 1965.