The Lutheran Companion, 1911-1912. LCA Collection 68. ½ Hollinger box.
The Lutheran Companion continued the publication The Young Lutheran’s Companion albeit with a broader focus. It was considered the primary English language periodical of the Augustana Lutheran Synod. The Lutheran Companion provided material intended to nurture the faith of its readers. Each congregation of the Augustana Synod received copies of the publication, and a majority of households affiliated with the Augustana Synod also read it in their homes causing it to grow into the most widely distributed publication with the greatest readership of the Augustana Synod. The Lutheran Companion merged with Augustana to form Augustana Lutheran in 1949.