To learn more about this collection please see the finding aid link found above, and/or visit the College and Lutheran Church Archives to use these primary sources.
The Young Lutheran’s Companion, 1907-1910. LCA Collection 81. 1 Hollinger box.
The Young Lutheran’s Companion was a continuation of Augustana Journal and was published by the Augustana Book Concern. It was printed initially in English and intended solely for the use of young readers. Content included articles and guidance. Because of the growing demands for English material to be made available to the entire readership of the synod, the name was changed to The Lutheran Companion in 1910. The newly named publication became the official English organ of the Augustana Lutheran Synod.