Augustana Lutheran Church. Red River Valley Conference. Women’s Organizations of the Red River Valley Conference, 1913-1962. LCA Collection 123. 2 Hollinger boxes and 2 half Hollinger boxes.
The Women's Organizations of the Red River Valley Conference collection consists primarily of meeting minutes along with financial records and historical information. Materials pertain mainly to the overall Conference body with some records from local districts such as Alexandria, Bemidji, and Fargo.
The Augustana Lutheran Church Women of the Red River Valley Conference of the Augustana Lutheran Church began during March 1913 at the Swedish Lutheran Church in Warren, Minnesota. The group’s original name was the Woman’s Home and Foreign Missionary Society, and eventually, they became known as the Women’s Missionary Society. Although members expressed interest in foreign missions, most of their efforts were directed toward home missions. The Augustana Lutheran Church Woman began during April 1959.
* Information obtained from J. Edor Larson’s History of the Red River Valley Conference of the Augustana Lutheran Church.
The Augustana Lutheran Church Women collection is organized into three series. Most materials pertain to the Women’s Missionary Society. The series are: Augustana Lutheran Church Women; Women’s Missionary Society; and Districts, 1923-1962. Materials within the Districts series pertains to the Alexandria, Bemidji, and Fargo districts.