Lutheran Minnesota Conference. Sioux Falls District. Records of the Sioux Falls District, 1932-1962. LCA Collection 140. 6 folders.
The Sioux Falls District collection contains minutes, annual and congregational reports, and secretary’s files. The Sioux Falls District of the Lutheran Minnesota Conference of the Augustana Synod was located mostly in Eastern South Dakota, but it also covered a small part of Southwestern Minnesota and Northeastern Iowa. The District included parts of Aurora, Beadle, Bon Homme, Brookings, Brule, Charles Mix, Clark, Clay, Davison, Douglas, Faulk, Gregory, Hamlin, Hand, Hanson, Hutchinson, Hyde, Jerauld, Kingsbury, Lake, Lincoln, McCook, Miner, Minnehaha, Moody, Sanborn, Spink, Turner, Union, and Yankton counties in South Dakota; Lyon, Sioux, and Plymouth counties in Iowa; and Rock County in Minnesota. The District was named the Southeastern Dakota District at its creation in 1886; the name changed to Sioux Falls District in 1911.