Lutheran Minnesota Conference. St. James District. Minutes of the St. James District, 1889-1932. LCA Collection 146. 4 folders.
The St. James District collection contains meetings from district meetings. The St. James District of the Lutheran Minnesota Conference of the Augustana Synod was located in Southwestern Minnesota and Northern Iowa. The District included parts of Brown, Cottonwood, Faribault, Freeborn, Jackson, Lincoln, Lyon, Martin, Murray, Nobles, Pipestone, Redwood, and Watonwan counties in Minnesota, and Dickinson and Emmet counties in Iowa. The St. James District was called the Southern Minnesota Valley District originally. In 1929, some of the congregations in the St. James District broke away and formed the Worthington District. Some materials are in Swedish.