Augustana Lutheran Church. Minnesota Conference Scrapbooks, 1953-1963. LCA Collection 252. 1 ½ Hollinger boxes.
The Scrapbooks of the Minnesota Conference Convention Collection consists primarily of captioned photographs from the annual conventions, as well as accompanying programs and supplemental publications. Additionally, the collection contains scrapbooks from programs related to the convention, including missions, and a Bible camp sponsored by the synod. The Minnesota Conference was part of the Augustana Lutheran Church.
According to information contained within the 1958 May-June issue of Advance, a publication issued by the Minnesota Conference of the Augustana Lutheran Church, the Lutheran Minnesota Conference was first organized on 8 October 1858 at the Chisago Lake Church. The conferences hosted delegates from smaller organizations and generally included worship services, lectures, choral performances, and meals served by the host congregation.