To learn more about this collection please see the finding aid link found above, and/or visit the College and Lutheran Church Archives to use these primary sources.
First Lutheran Church of Lafayette, Minnesota. Collection of First Lutheran Church of Lafayette, Minnesota, 1936-2018. LCA Collection 289. ½ Hollinger box and 1 small flat box.
The First Lutheran Church of Lafayette, Minnesota collection consists of a goodbye note, two recipe books, a commemorative plate, and annual reports.
Written on the back of the commemorative plate:
“The Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Church was organized January 2, 1897 at Lafayette, Minnesota. Pastor H.O. Hemming led a congregational meeting on January 31st. The constitution was recorded and the charter members signed. Our church was built, completed and dedicated by November 10, 1897, with a membership of 106. The first resident Pastor F.E. Sard came on September 9, 1900. The present membership is 393. The Educational unit was dedicated [in] 1966. The Narthex in 1971. Thirteen pastors have served at First Lutheran Lafayette.”