Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Gustavus Adolphus College Archives
The Gustavus Adolphus College Archives makes available for research and study:
- Photographs, Recordings, and Documents concerning Gustavus
- Materials from students, faculty, administrative offices, and alumni
- Information relating to the College's history from 1862 to present
- In addition, we hold the records of Minnesota College (a high school) which was located in Minneapolis.
College Archives Manuscript Collections
Materials in the CAMC document people and organizations affiliated with Gustavus. This includes groups and alumni along with former members of the faculty, administration, and staff. In addition, there are some miscellaneous materials such as World War I posters.
Lutheran Church Archives
These archives consist primarily of administrative records documenting Minnesota affiliates of the Lutheran Church in America (LCA) along with predecessor
and supporting synods. In addition, there are congregational histories, biographical files regarding clergy and church leaders, and microfilmed church
records (ending about 1930). We hold records for the following bodies.
Primary Collection Areas:
- Augustana Synod, 1860-1962
- Minnesota Conference, 1858-1962
- Red River Valley Conference, 1912-1962
- Association of English Churches, 1908-1931
- English Evangelical Lutheran Synod of the Northwest (Northwest Synod), 1891-1962
- Lutheran Church in America, 1963-1987
- Minnesota Synod
- Red River Valley Synod
Secondary Collection Areas:
- General Synod, 1820-1918
- United Lutheran Church in America, 1918-1962
- Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (Suomi Synod), 1890-1963
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License