Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the library guide for conducting research in Political Science! Political science examines the relationship between people and governments by exploring political institutions and systems, political theory, and human behavior. Students of political science will need to be able to find facts, statistics, and news of current events as well as analysis of issues in political science. This guide will help you with all of those tasks.
We have a few other guides that might help you with your research:
Finally, don't hesitate to contact anyone - either in person or virtually - at the Information Desk or via Reference Services if you have any questions.
Research in Political Science
Courses in Political Science
Your course might also have a separate library guide - be sure to browse the list below!
Librarians are here to help you with your research. We can suggest appropriate resources to search, help you troubleshoot any issues, or simply brainstorm about your topic and ways to explore it. We look forward to connecting with you!
There are multiple ways to connect with a librarian, ranging from in person to email to online meetings. Our Reference Services page has more information, but here are the main options:
- Visit the Reference Desk (main floor) (M-Th 10:30-4:30; F 10:30-2:30)
- Chat with a librarian (M-Th 10:30-4:30; F 10:30-2:30) - or use the box below!
- E-mail: email@example.com (please include your name and the best way to contact you)
- Consultation request form: schedule an appointment for a one-on-one consultation with a librarian
- Email Julie directly. As the Political Science library liaison, I'm very familiar with Political Science courses on campus and the kinds of research students in Political Science conduct.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License