A Note from the Editors: This guide provides resources for studying Jewish religion, history, and culture. It contains seven primary sections, each with its own subpages.
Click here for more details...
- Identities - this section explores Jewish identity as a whole, as well as specific identities related to geographical location, denomination, and gender.
- Beliefs - this section provides an overview of the core doctrines of the Jewish faith.
- Customs - this section highlights Jewish customs as they relate to commandments, prayers, life-cycle events, and holidays of the Jewish calendar.
- History - this section provides a historical account of the Jewish people throughout the ages, from its beginnings to today.
- Literature - Jewish rabbinic literature, fiction, poetry, memoirs, and philosophical texts are compiled in this section.
- Visual Glossary - this section displays images of traditional Judaica materials, such as menorahs, mezuzahs, and challah.
- General Resources - this section provides encyclopedic texts and overviews for researching Judaism as a whole.
Click on a heading to explore general resources on each topic, or select a specific topic within the drop-down menu.