Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Shalom & Welcome to
A Guide to Jewish Studies
A Note from the Editors: This guide provides resources for studying Jewish religion, history, and culture. It contains seven primary sections, each with its own subpages.
Click here for more details...
- Identities - this section explores Jewish identity as a whole, as well as specific identities related to geographical location, denomination, and gender.
- Beliefs - this section provides an overview of the core doctrines of the Jewish faith.
- Customs - this section highlights Jewish customs as they relate to commandments, prayers, life-cycle events, and holidays of the Jewish calendar.
- History - this section provides a historical account of the Jewish people throughout the ages, from its beginnings to today.
- Literature - Jewish rabbinic literature, fiction, poetry, memoirs, and philosophical texts are compiled in this section.
- Visual Glossary - this section displays images of traditional Judaica materials, such as menorahs, mezuzahs, and challah.
- General Resources - this section provides encyclopedic texts and overviews for researching Judaism as a whole.
Click on a heading to explore general resources on each topic, or select a specific topic within the drop-down menu.
College and Lutheran Church Archivist
You can find me in the College and Lutheran Church Archives, the offices above the library's main entrance. Website
Allison James '22
Patricia Lindell Scholar 2021-2022
Majors: Religion and Biology
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License